Terms of Service
Your access to the Stop Falls at Home website and the Home Falls and Accidents Screening Tools (Home FAST) is deemed to constitute an agreement to the following conditions:
- Except to the extent required by law, the Home Falls and Accidents Screening Tool (Home FAST) accepts no liability for any direct or consequential loss or damage of any kind (including, without limitation, any loss of profits, business, goodwill or data) caused by or arising out of any information contained in this site, or any linked sites. Any decisions based on information in this site are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
- The Home FAST project makes all reasonable efforts to ensure that the content of this web site is accurate at the time it was included and up to date. However, visitors should be aware that some information may be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date and you should not seek to rely on any information contained within this site without independently verifying its accuracy.
- The Home FAST project reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice.
- The Home FAST project does not endorse or otherwise assume responsibility or liability for the content or operation of other web sites linked to this web site.
- This web site (including these legal notices) shall be governed by Australian law and the Australian courts shall have the exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising from this web site.
- By registering for a Home FAST professional account, you will be considered a Home FAST subscriber and may be sent news, product updates, event invitations, surveys, payment reminders and other marketing information. Please advise the Home FAST project in writing if you do not wish to receive this information.
- This web site includes links to third party web sites. Representations made regarding products and services provided by third parties are governed by the policies and representations made by these third parties.
- The Home FAST scores are based on statistics and evidence about the likelihood of an older person falling at home. When considering reports and evaluations users should take into account their own individual health situation and other personal circumstances when making decisions.
- Following Home FAST recommendations reduces the statistical likelihood of having a fall at home. It does not guarantee the absence of a fall or accident.
- If you have any concerns about your health or risk of falling please see a doctor. In an emergency please call an ambulance 000 (Australia) or your local emergency contacts.
- The Home FAST project recommends using accredited and licenced tradespeople for all falls prevention modifications carried out including work carried out on buildings, electrical, plumbing and outdoor areas.
- The Home FAST was created by Dr Lynette Mackenzie. All rights are reserved. The Home Falls and Accidents screening tools (health professional and home user self-report versions) cannot be reproduced, on-sold or changed in any way without prior written approval.
- Use of and ongoing access to the Home FAST professional tool requires up-front payment and is at the discretion of Dr Lynette Mackenzie, who reserves the right to withhold or revoke access.
- The Home FAST professional access is needed to subsidise the self-report version that will remain free for older people to use, and to maintain the website.
- The HOME FAST professional access is based on the number of users – individual, small group or large group. If the number of users exceeds group limits, additional payment will be required to upgrade to another option. There are no refunds available for a reduction in group numbers after an annual payment is made. Accounts set-up and used (even if only for part of the year) will be included in the total number of users allocated for a group.
- Professional Home FAST subscriptions will automatically renew on an annual basis.
The account/group administrator must provide notice in writing at least 1-business day prior to the renewal date if they wish for a subscription to be cancelled.